How To Melt Chocolate
Here are three methods to melt chocolate.
1. Microwave: Place unwrapped
chocolate in a microwave-safe dish.
2. Heat until melted (about 1 to
2 minutes for one chocolate square).
3. Add 10 seconds per extra
4. Double Boiler: Place
unwrapped chocolate in top pan.
5. Melt over hot water.
6. Stir for 10 to 12 minutes
7. Saucepan: Place unwrapped
chocolate in pan.
8. Melt over very low heat.
9. Stir constantly.
- Moisture can cause chocolate to become
stiff and lumpy.
- Add 1 teaspoon of shortening for each
ounce of chocolate.
- Stir chocolate until smooth again.