If you are wondering what to prepare for dinner tonight, then you can always try these easy recipes. It's quick and affordable. Menu Meal: Chicken Spaghetti Salad: Spinach Salad Dessert: Lemon Sorbet Chicken Spaghetti Ingredients:
Instructions: Heat all ingredients except chicken and spaghetti to boiling in 10-inch skillet; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 1 cup Chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 tsp Dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp Dried marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Dried rosemary leaves
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 (8-ounce) can Tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can Tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups Cut-up cooked chicken or turkey
- 4 cups Hot cooked spaghetti
Stir in chicken. Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Note: All three Italian recipes in this article yield 6 servings.
Spinach Salad Ingredients:
Instructions: Wash spinach well, and remove stems. Dry. Fry bacon crisp and then drain. Chop or crumble into small bits.
- 2 or 3 cups Raw spinach
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1 whole Avocado, sliced
- 12 strips Pimiento
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Italian olive oil
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Toss the spinach with remaining ingredients. Lemon Sorbet Ingredients:
- 2-1/4 cups Fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tbsp Grated lemon zest
- 4-1/2 cups Simple syrup
Instructions: Combine the ingredients and freeze in an ice cream maker. Alternatively, place in a bowl set within a larger bowl holding ice cubes and salted water.
- 3 cups Sugar
- 6 cups Water
Beat the mixture with a portable mixer or wire whisk for several minutes until it begins to be thoroughly chilled. Cover and place in the freezer until frozen, stirring occasionally. Simple Syrup: Place the sugar and water in a stainless steel or enameled saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
Strain through a sieve lined with a damp cloth. Cool. **MUST TRY** Recipes: Chicken Enchilada Recipes and Chicken Casserole Recipes Copyright 2005 .
By: Jonathan Teng