- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 4 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190
degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 inch round pans.
- Sift flour before measuring; resift
with salt and baking powder at least twice more.
- Beat egg yolks until very thick and
pale - approximately 5 minutes with a mixer on high
- In a large bowl, cream butter or
margarine and sugar. Blend in eggs. Fold sifted mixture,
alternately with milk, into creamed mixture. Stir in
vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake
springs back when touched. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
Turn out, and cool on wire rack. Frost with Decorator